Saturday, July 2, 2011

Passed on Faculty of Medicine!


The long wait is over for me and I've finally received the news I'd always wanted-To be accepted into medical school.On 19th of June,I sat for an entrance exam for an Indonesian university.Trying to get into this uni was what I had been doing for the past few months.Applications and studying for the entrance exam was very annoying.What's worse was that when I sat for the first paper which consisted of 100 questions from Math,Biology,Chemistry and Physics together was VERY difficult.I assure you,no amount of studying and past year questions would have prepared me or most people for that paper.I clearly remember one of the math question asked about what year a certain mathematician was born in.Like,COME ON!ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!Being me,I randomly circled an answer.It's terrible,please never do what I did.
Also,no calculators are allowed for this exam.I calculated everything the old fashioned way and of course,numbers being my biggest weakness,I never really got the exact answer for most of the calculations-involved questions.I circled the answer closest to the value I got.Better than nothing,I thought.This exam consist of a written test-4 subjects,an interview and MMPI(Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory).All in a day!
MMPI had 576 questions and it was a two-hour paper but I finished it in one and didn't bother checking through cause my mind couldn't handle anymore of it.A friend even said she fell asleep while answering the questions!Most of us were up by 5.30am to be at the exam venue by 7.By the time I reached home and had Father's dinner at Korean BBQ,I was burned out by the end of the day.


Thus,I was more than surprised,beyond shocked and words,when I saw I passed.A friend informed that the results was available on a website.She gave me the link and asked me to check if it is really possible to find out as she isn't one of the applicants of this university.I clicked the link and there was a link to check the results of the entrance exam.I typed in my test number,thankfully I didn't throw my paper away after the exam.Clicked the Search button,had to scroll down and I did it slowly as my heart was racing.I saw it.Without thinking,I copied the link and gave it to my friend to read and check if I read correctly.Dramatic I know,but I just wanted to be sure!Called up my group friends to ask and help them check,and we're all so blessed as we all got accepted!This means we all got our first choice of uni.


I know,I wouldn't have passed for this exam without God's grace.So,Thank You Father!and thank you to each one of you for your kind prayers and wishes!


The wait is over but this marks a new beginning and I'm looking forward to this new chapter.


<3

1 comment:

  1. Clap!clap!clap!Hip hip Hooray!!!We are so darn proud of you.A step towards my free botox..ahaks!

    ReplyDelete