Friday, February 10, 2012

My first Christmas in Indonesia

To be honest,I'd never quite imagined Christmas to be quite big here in Indo.Surprisingly,every shop I step into,I would hear Christmas carols and not to mention,see decorations everywhere.It did make me miss Christmas back at home very much even though it was most of the time simple celebrations with family and friends.It brought back memories of last year's Christmas(2010) where I'd spent in NZ with my god parents,god brother,mum and aunt.I remember being very homesick a couple of weeks before Christmas.But I kept telling myself to hang on cause I know,I'm blessed to have my mother around for a few days during Christmas week.

My wonderful friends and boyfriend had decided to pick my mum up from the airport instead of me hiring a driver to pick both me from the hostel and mum from the airport.Mind you,we had a day full of classes that day.This is why I love my friends.They come up with the best ideas and make my days even brighter.So we rented an APV,and left for the airport after we'd freshen up after class.Arrived at the airport on time only to find out the flight was delayed.So we went to look for dinner,and came to the airport again.It was one of the best nights ever.I remember being very extremely happy. :)

After the airport,we made our way to the hotel and mum invited everyone in to have some roti canai she had brought for everyone.Mum was helping me unpack all of MY stuff she had brought and chatting with the rest.Then there was an awkward moment.But I shan't elaborate. ;) It was rather late when everyone left for Jatinangor,felt bad that I'd kept them till late night.

The next day,and a couple of days after that,all I did was brought mum around town for shopping.Then only on Christmas eve,I brought her back to my hostel and showed her the university area etc.Remember I had blogged about there was going to be a special Christmas eve dinner?Well,it happened.I took mum and the boyfriend for dinner at Kampung Daun.Google it up!It's a nice place that serves mostly local cuisine.Food is not that bad and plenty of variety.Too bad it was raining quite heavily and we left eventually in the rain.

I was kind of sad that mum had to fly back on Christmas Day itself.What was I going to do for the rest of the day in hostel? :( I guess it isn't fair to my dad to be spending another Christmas alone.Sent mum off at the airport,came back with a terrible stomach ache.It wasn't the dinner the night before cause I'm the only one who had it.I was not staying in my room for a few days now.When I went back to my room,I realised that there's something quite different about it.And when I looked again,I saw this :) It was such a sweet and pleasant surprise!And definitely a Christmas I would never forget.My friends had secretly been making Christmas cards and decorating my room like elves!I'm also proud to say that all of them who were part of this are Muslims.Now,who said Muslims can't be friends with Christians or vice versa?
I thank God for such wonderful blessings in my life :)
Truly blessed!

Ps: We were official as well on Christmas ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment